This mousse is tangy, light and lovely and the recipe is adapted from the cook book A Vegan Taste of East Africa.
- 6 Passion Fruits
- 225ml of fresh orange juice (if possible, not from concentrate)
- 225ml of unsweetened soya milk
- 25g cornflour
- 25g light brown sugar
- Cut each passion fruit in half and scoop out the seeds and pulp and place into a small saucepan, add the orange juice and bring to the boil, then lower the heat, cover and simmer for no more than 2 minutes, strain the juice (through a sieve) into a jug. Set the pulp aside.
- In a small bowl mix together the cornflour and sugar and add the soya milk until the mixture is very smooth, add the juice from the jug and mix together until well combined.
- Pour mixture into a heavy bottomed pan and cook on a medium heat until the sauce thickens.
- Pour the thickened mixture into 4 individual serving dishes and place in a fridge to chill. Garnish with the seeds and pulp from the passion fruit before serving.