I cheated a little with these and pretty much followed the recipe of Sarah Kramer (goVegan.net) as shown in the video below. I replaced the choc chips with raisins as and used banana to bind, as we had some 2 day ripe Bananas in desperate need of use (add banana to wet ingredients when mixing) but the method was as below.
Today has been music free, thus far, though this culinary bout was soundtracked by the sound of my neighbour’s kids screaming in the garden next door, which I thought was incredibly thoughtful of them.
Here’s the ingredients I used:
Raisin and Coconut Cookies
Makes 10 – 12 cookies
- 1/2 Banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup Soy Margarine
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 & 1/4 Cup Flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to Gas Mark 4 / 175º C (350ºF)
- Mix banana, sugar, margarine & vanilla until smooth.
- In a separate bowl stir flour, coconut, baking powder & baking soda mix together, then add raisins and mix.
- Add both mixes together and stir until well bound.
- For large cookies roll dough into golfball sized balls (half the size for smaller cookies), place on cookie sheet & bake at the top of the oven for 12 – 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes.