It has been snowing here in Edinburgh, so tonight I’m making a veganised version of this hearty feast:
Archive | Vegan Essentials RSS feed for this section
Once again I’ve been guilty of neglect. In truth it has been several months since I cooked something that wasn’t nabbed from a recipe by someone else.
But tonight I made some adjustments to my favourite quick & easy tomato soup recipe, I thought this to be worth sharing.
- 1 Medium Onion, Diced
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 cans of diced tomatoes
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne (or to taste)
- 4 cloves roasted garlic
- salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar (optional)
- Sauté onion in the olive oil using a medium non-stick saucepan. When the onion is translucent, add the tomatoes, oregano, rosemary, cayenne and stock cube. Simmer on low heat for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer half of the soup to the blender, add the roasted garlic, and puree until fairly smooth. Add salt to taste, and simmer for 10 minutes, then add the brown sugar.
- Allow to cool slightly & serve.
As easy as that.