It’s about time I shared my Vegan Banoffee Pie recipe. I was set this challenge a while ago and had two attempts before I was satisfied with the creation. The main problem I found in veganising this was creating the right consistency of the toffee, as it tended to be too runny, also fluffy Vegan cream is not an easy creation. Applying trial and error brought me this variation, which was lovely & sugary sweet. Continue reading
For recent blog posts visit http://deeitsy.wordpress.com
These blog posts are made by a vegan who likes to cook, not by a vegan chef, nor one of the plethora of vegan bloggers with aspirations on such.
Posts may be sporadic and will occur only when the writer has cooked something they wish to share. No money is made from this blog and you may repost anything you wish which appears on here under a creative commons licence.
In her real life the author has a Ph.D to finish...
Trolling comments will be ignored.
Cranachan is generally a fancy Scottish breakfast dish, like a posh porridge, but is more commonly served up as a dessert. The recipe here is one that can be used for either, though you may prefer to omit the whisky if you start the day off with it.
As it has been far too many weeks since I blogged one of my own recipes I must write up the Mexican inspired feast we enjoyed for dinner this evening, which consisted of: Three Bean Chili Tomato Salsa Home-made Tortilla Chips Veganised Sour Cream
It’s about time I shared my Vegan Banoffee Pie recipe. I was set this challenge a while ago and had two attempts before I was satisfied with the creation. The main problem I found in veganising this was creating the right consistency of the toffee, as it tended to be too runny, also fluffy Vegan […]
- If the revolution could happen soon, I'd like that very much. A nice peaceful one would suit me best. Much Obliged. 6 hours ago
- RT @equalitynow: Saudi Arabia's 1st female director, Haifaa Al-Mansour: There is room to women's rights in men’s Kingdom http://t.co/s3Ah0F… 9 hours ago
- Ok Monday you were shit, wasn't your fault, was that of some rotten humans & woeful technology which sought to ruin. Tuesday, come quick! 9 hours ago
- RT @ameliesoleil: Promoters! Need a showgirl early June? Curiosity cabaret, oddity and more? Get in touch as I've had a massive change in s… 10 hours ago
- Having serious email issues. Can't work out why. If you're awaiting a reply I should be back on track asap. Strange gremlins are at play. 12 hours ago
- Meat Free Sausage Casserole via Linda McCartney Foods
- Sage and Onion Stuffed Mushrooms
- Very Quick Tomato Soup
- Portobello Mushroom Bake
- Cakes for Japan in Edinburgh
- Vegan Cakes for Japan
- A Vegan Burns Supper (Includes Cock-a-Leekie Soup, Vegan Haggis & Clootie Dumpling)
- Sweetcorn Fritters
- Mexican-style Chili Feast
Fancy Leaving a Tip? I love surprises.
- Baltic Balkan
- Bruce Springsteen
- Chick Pea
- French Toast
- Go Home Productions
- Kid Dynamite
- Middle Eastern
- Passion Fruit
- Shepherd's Pie
- Tom Waits
- Vegan Essentials